The Beaver Area School District currently utilizes AESOP, an automated substitute placement system. AESOP offers the flexibility to proactively search for jobs and fill your own schedule the way you want. To help you benefit most from automated substitute placement, AESOP offers both phone and web services for finding and accepting jobs. Substitutes can call in to AESOP toll-free at 1-800-942-3767 or log in at
Any person who currently holds a valid Pennsylvania Teaching Certificate may apply to be included on our day-to-day substitute teacher list. Teacher substitute rate of pay is $100.00 per day during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Please present the following "Original" documents:
1. Cover Letter
2. Application -
3. Updated Resume
4. Valid/Active PA Teaching Certificate
5. School Nurse Substitutes must have School Nurse Certification or an Emergency Permit will be issued to those
holding a Pennsylvania RN License upon completion of the required documentation.
6. Pennsylvania State Police Clearance (Act 34) - Original that is dated within 60 months
7. Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance (Act 151) - Original that is dated within 60 months
8. FBI Federal Clearance (Act 114) - Original that is dated within 60 months
9. ACT 24:
10. TB Test - Dated within 1 year
11. Undergraduate and graduate transcripts(in a "Sealed" envelope) /Praxis scores
12. Letters of reference
14. of 2014 Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Release *
*Please have Section 1 completed and signed for 1) your current employer, and 2) any former employers that are school entities; and former employers where the position held involved direct contact with children.
A valid driver's license and social security card will also be required for employment.
All documentation should be presented to: Tracy Winchell, Employee Compliance Coordinator, Beaver Area School District, 1300 Fifth Street, Beaver, PA 15009. Our office hours are from 8:00AM until 4:30PM.